Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Monday, January 28, 2008

Tax Man?

I have a friend, who I'll call Dick. Dick recently read this book…



…and has decided to follow the author's examples and advice. What is this book about? Basically it's a tax scam in which you claim that your wages are not taxable and you are entitled to a full refund of all federal withholding.

Now, I hate paying taxes as much as the next person, but I'm not willing to risk the wrath of the IRS. But my friend Dick is under some kind of spell after having read this book. (It's reminds me of fundies!)

I've tried to talk him out of trying this scheme, but he is convinced that it is NOT a scheme…he believes the author of this book is interpreting the law correctly, and that the federal government has been defrauding voluntary tax payers for decades.

It’s been nice knowing you, Dick. Be sure to send me a postcard from the federal penitentiary.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I knew a couple of people like Dick. I haven't heard from/about them since the FBI/ATF raided their house. Though I do remember one of them proclaiming martial law at the judges bench due to placement of the flag. I'm sure that scored him a lot of points.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home