Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Home Alone

Hubby is out of town on business...
I hate being home alone.

It's too quiet when he's not around. I'm the crazy cat lady when he's gone!...muttering to myself and talking to the cats, staying in my PJ's until noon. And I stay up too late at night when he's away because I don't like going to sleep in an empty house. I sleep with my Ruger when hubby isn't here, and but the cold steel offers little comfort. There's just something unsettling about being home alone on nights when I know he isn't going to walk through the door after work. I hate being home alone.

But I also love being home alone!

Not having to pick up after him or share the remote, or smell his nasty chicken salad sandwiches (don't ask!). I can play the stereo and not have to turn it off because he wants to watch TV. I can spend an evening in blissful silence, curled up with a good book and a cup of tea. And, best of all, I don't have to listen to him snore!



Heck, he'll be home in a few days. I think I can tough it out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home