Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Monday, December 31, 2007

The Joyfulness is Over

Another Christmas has come and gone. My tree with its pretty lights has been packed away for another year. The stores are putting up Valentine gifts next to the clearance racks of Christmas joy. The shopper’s faces, smiling with goodwill just moments ago, are beginning to droop into their usual grumpy demeanors. Basically, life is returning to normal.

I managed to get through the Christmas season without crying, so that’s a plus, but I seemed to notice more acutely the lies people tell themselves and others during this season of giving. There is a temporary mania that comes over our lives and it fades quickly, like a candle has been blow out. One minute there is the possibility of peace on earth, goodwill to man; and then…poof…it is gone.

I look forward to the New Year simply because it is another chance to find happiness. I have a loving husband, a roof over my head, plenty to eat, a car to drive, and a few dollars in my pocket. That is enough for me.

I wish you all health, happiness and love in the coming year.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home