Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Oooh, My Face Hurts!

I took a seasonal job to earn some extra money to help pay for some things around the house. I’m still paying for the landscaping work I had done in September, and with home ownership comes unexpected bills. So, hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to work I go.

I worked Black Friday and smiled until my face hurt. Being upbeat and happy is very important at the store, and since it is a little contrary to my natural state, I have to work at it. Once I get in the groove its okay, but I do have to force myself sometimes to think happy thoughts.

The store sells products associated with a certain mouse and a lot of princesses. I can’t really say the name of the place, but I’m sure you can figure it out.

There are always a lot of little kids in the store, so I’m waiting for my first cold of the season. (Germy little buggers.) I’ve also been instructed not to yell at the kids who are misbehaving. Who me? (Insert eye roll here.) To be fair, the instruction was for all the new hires, but somehow I felt singled out. Go figure.

For the next few weeks my face will hurt from smiling, and my feet and back will ache with over-use, but I’ll be earning some much needed cash for the coffers.

So if you see a harried looking woman with a huge smile on her face, selling toys and folding shirts, be kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home