Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Landscaping Job

I had some desert landscaping done at my house last week. Here are a few pictures.





The wash is in the front yard...the tall, dead-looking thing in the background is the Ocotillo cactus, which is dormant right now. Some day it will look like this...



...hopefully very soon!

The back yard has agave, red tipped yucca, and two tipuaanu trees with a flagstone patio and pathway.




See that little shadow in the lower right corner? That's me! The potted plant is some ornamental grass for the cats to play with. And by play with, I mean eat.

If my back were stronger I could have done the work myself and saved a lot of money, but since I'm a wimp I had to hire big, strong men to carry the 7 tons of raw materials into the yard. I guess that can be considered as part of my birthday present.

All in all it's been a darn good month!

1 Comments:

  • I forgot to tell you that the landscaping looks nice. It's Arizona and it's sparse, but I like that. Should be easier to take care of unlike wild growth in Eastern yards.

    I recently learned why so many homes in the Southwest have cinder block walls instead of fences -- fires! At least that's what they said after the recent SoCal fire. I think I'd like a cinder block wall because it gives more privacy. You don't have to stare at the neighbors (and vice-versa).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home