Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Birthday Thoughts

My birthday is on Tuesday, and for the first time ever, the gift my mother is sending me will be late. It only took her 41 years to make that mistake, so kudos to her.

This year I asked for a copy of my maternal grandparent’s wedding photo. It may sound like an odd thing to ask for, but I love old photographs, and I have very few pictures of my late Grammy, so it seemed like the perfect thing to ask for. Again.

I actually asked for it two years ago, but my mother never sent it. This year, since I asked for it again, she made the effort and had a copy made. The only thing I resent is that she is also sending a copy of the photo to my brother. Not that I don’t want him to have a copy of it, it’s just that he never asked for it and I’ve had to wait two years to get mine. Jeez. Does sibling rivalry ever die?

Hubby’s gift is a date to see Def Leppard in concert in Phoenix. I only had to mention what a great birthday gift this would be one time...he rushed right out and bought tickets! This surprised me a little because we haven’t been to a concert in almost 20 years. We saw Def Leppard twice before, but both times were in the 1980’s…we’ve all aged significantly since then, so I just hope the concert will be a good experience.




It would really suck if we went, had a lousy time, and had to live with a bad concert memory instead of the ‘when we were young and awesome’ memory.



I think it’s officially too late to hope I die before I get old.

Oh, well. Happy birthday to me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home