Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So We’re Buying a House

After several weeks of stressful searching, hubby and I have found a house that we both like, in the town we want to live in, and for a price we are willing to pay. Hurray!

The house, while not being my dream house, is very nice. It is only seven years old, has a nice, open floor plan, and it is roomy enough for us, our cats, and our stuff. Hubby gets his den and garage work-shop, we will have a guest room (should we ever have guests), and there is a small yard that I can eventually landscape. The house needs a few minor repairs before we move in, but nothing we can’t handle.

Hubby was the one who initially suggested that we buy a house again, but with all my talk of plans to update, remodel and landscape, he is more than a little freaked out over the prospect of paying for all of this. I think I need to quietly dream-remodel for a while and let him get used to the idea of having a house again before I start talking about a budget.

I suggested that instead of buying a house, he could quit his job, sell all of our belonging, and we could bum around Europe for a year or so until we run out of money. Then we could come crawling back and beg our family to let us crash with them until we got haircuts and jobs again. It sounds good to me, but he said no.

I guess that makes him the mature one.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Hi Patricia! I love your idea to burn all your cash in Europe and then come crawling back. HA HA LOL!
    Congratulations on your new house too, Take care,
    chris
    cmarie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home