Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cozy and Warm

Today I took down the holiday decorations. The joyfulness is over. Now it’s back to normal, everyday life.

Today on the WWGHA forum, someone posted the question “Which Deadly Sin Are You?”. It didn’t take much thinking to decide that I am Sloth (Acedia).

Lest you think my home is a pig sty, further explanation is probably necessary. I have not had a paying job in over two years. I work my ass off at home, cleaning, shopping, cooking, doing laundry, etc., but I do not have a paying job.

Since my son’s death, I find it very difficult to put up with people and the inevitable crap and baggage they bring with them to nearly every situation. When dealing with the general public, I used to assist, coddle and acquiesce; however, now I mock them, ignore them, or completely avoid them. Since my profession was in customer service, this newfound inability to tolerate idiots disqualifies me for that type of work.

I have considered going back to school to learn new things and get a job doing something else, but right now I am too lazy to read textbooks, write term papers, and I seriously can’t see myself sucking up to a professor (who would probably be several years my junior) to get an ‘A’, which is the only grade I ever settled for in the past.

Where does this leave me? At home, cozy and warm, that’s where. I’m not sure which vice my hubby suffers from in order to tolerate my “deadly sin”, but he seems happy enough, and at this stage in my life, that’s really all I want at the end of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home