Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Time Waits for No Cat

A few months ago, my cat Misty began tucking me into bed at night. I get ready for bed around 10:30-11 o’clock nearly every night; after I brush my teeth, I climb under the covers with a book and read for a few minutes before turning off the light. Misty sits on the bed while I brush my teeth and then joins me while I read. Some nights she lies on my stomach and purrs, which is really nice. All cats should offer this service.

Last night I stayed up a little later than usual because hubby and I were watching a movie. At 11 p.m. Misty came into the living room, sat on the floor and stared at me for a few minutes while I was watching TV and then she started to meow…loudly.

Misty: Meow!
Me: What’s-a-matter baby?
Misty: Meow, meow! (Glances toward bedroom.)
Me: Yes, I know it’s time for bed. I’ll just be a few more minutes.
Misty: Meow. (Walks into bedroom and sits on bed.)

I swear she can tell time! She sat there and waited for me to go to bed. I’m not sure, but she may have been giving me disapproving looks!

Misty also wakes me up in the morning by jumping on the bed, meowing, and walking on me (or sitting on me) until I wake up and pet her. Once I’m up, she heads for the kitchen to wait for breakfast. If I sleep late on the weekend, she is very put out. I guess she doesn’t understand the concept of weekends.

This is not the first time I’ve noticed Misty’s time-telling ability. When hubby is late coming home from work, Misty sits sentry near the front door waiting for his arrival. Once he arrives, she meows excitedly and follows him around as if berating him for being late.

Women don’t like to be kept waiting and, apparently, neither does Misty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home