Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Give Me A Break!

Hubby left on a business trip this morning and as I dropped him off at the airport I felt a sense of relief that he was leaving for a few days. I really need a break from that man!

After 21 years of marriage, I guess it’s normal to need some space. Last month we had a stressful trip to PA to visit relatives and yesterday we had a fight about the downloading issue. (See yesterday’s blog entry.) Too much pressure in too short a period of time…something had to give. The timing of this business trip couldn’t have been any better.

Usually hubby and I are quite companionable…we enjoy spending time with each other. We have similar interests and hobbies we can share; even if our activity is sitting on opposite ends of the sofa reading books, we are pretty good at being in each other’s company. And we know the value of letting the other person explore their own interests alone. But every relationship has its rough patches. I’m not concerned about this one. By the time he returns, we’ll be happy to see each other again.

Until then, I’m going to enjoy a little “me” time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home