Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Theory on Acting

I was watching the movie “13 Going on 30” the other day when hubby walked by and remarked that Mark Ruffalo is the same character no matter what movie he’s in, thus illustrating my theory on acting.

My theory on acting is this: actors get paid gobs of money to say words written by other people, but they are still being themselves when they say them. There are very few actors who can disappear into a role and commit to it so completely that you forget who you are watching. Tom Hanks pulled it off with Forrest Gump. I don’t know about anybody else, but when I watch that movie I don’t see Tom Hanks.

Tom Cruise is one of those actors who can’t really act. He is the same character in every movie he has ever been in: the young, cocky, headstrong hero type with perfect hair who gets the girl. Boring! Not that I haven’t enjoyed some of his movies, but I always know I’m watching Tom Cruise on the screen. Why he earns so much damn money is beyond me.

Hubby said MI: 3 was a good movie despite having Tom Cruise in it. It comes out on DVD tomorrow, so I’ll be able to judge for myself. Once Netflix mails a copy to me, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home