Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hallucinations

Kitty seems to have lost her fuzzy little mind. She’s been acting really strange lately; staring at the walls as if there are bugs crawling on them; stalking invisible foes across the carpet; howling in the middle of the night. Stuff like that.

I went to bed last night with a book and Misty took her usually spot next to me on the bed. Kitty started caterwauling in the darkness of the living room. Misty perked up her ears and looked at me with wide eyes as if to say, “What the hell is she carrying on about?”, but I had no answer for her.

This morning, Kitty was sniffing the rug, stalking the invisible foe again, while hubby and I stood not two feet away from her discussing her actions; she didn’t seem to notice we were in the room with her. I called her name several times and she ignored me; her ears didn’t even turn toward the sound of my voice. A few minutes later, she flopped on her side looking blissfully happy, smiling up at us as if nothing unusual had occurred.

I’ve been visiting my friend Grace a lot since her accident, and she occasionally gives her cats catnip. Could I be dragging it home on my shoes and setting off Kitty’s hallucinogenic episodes? The episodes do seem to be worse since I’ve been spending more time at Grace’s house.

Grace also has several large dogs and the youngest dog likes to sit at my feet. I always change my clothing after spending the afternoon at her house because of the dog hair, but I don’t change my sneakers. Could the smell of dog on my shoes be setting Kitty off?

Whether I’m making my cat crazy or vice versa, one thing is clear: there’s never a dull moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home