Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Summer Fun

For the past few months, I’ve been getting e-mails from my 9 year-old niece. She lives in PA in the same town where I grew up, and lately she’s been telling me all about her summer vacation.

So far, she has been to Hershey Park, Dorney Park, Hampton Lanes (bowling), and Skate-A-Way (indoor roller skating rink). She has been to the movies, swam in her friend’s pool, had a sleep-over, went out for pizza, and saw fireworks. She has also been riding her new bike and she just returned from a week at the shore. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

All of the things she has done this summer are the same things I did growing up. It’s nice to know that little kids haven’t changed much over the last 30 years and that they still get to have good, clean fun.

Of course this also means that nothing has changed in my quiet little white-bred, podunk blue-collar corn-growing Lehigh Valley hometown. *

Oh, well. At least she’s not rotting her brain in front of the TV.







*My apologies to Matt and Trey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home