Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Freaked out Cats

I have several nature sound CDs. I find them relaxing because they make good ambient sounds which don’t overwhelm or distract, and yet they make the house seem less quiet. Too much silence can be maddening.

Recently, I bought a new CD entitled “Sounds of the Rainforest” and I decided to play it this morning. It starts off with cricket-sounding insect chirps, a babbling brook, a waterfall, the breeze rustling through the trees, and a few bird calls thrown in for good measure. Good stuff.

Then the monkeys start howling. Who thought that would be relaxing?

Kitty was resting on her favorite pillow in the living room and when the monkeys started to scream she jumped off her perch, stood on full alert, eyes wide and ears raised, looking around like she expected to find an intruder. She was totally freaked out. Then Misty ran into the room to join Kitty in Operation Kill the Monkey.

I don’t think I’ll be listening to that CD again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home