Random Thoughts by MommaSquid

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Everyone Has a Website

It’s like information doesn’t exist anymore unless there’s a “www.” before it. When people need information, they use an internet search engine to find it. When I was a kid, I went to the library to look things up in encyclopedias. Encyclopedias! I also had a dictionary and a thesaurus.

I sound like a dinosaur.

People used to get their news from the newspaper. My grandparents got the paper twice a day, the morning and evening editions. Now, any information that’s printed in the paper is more like “old news” than news. I get the Sunday paper for the comics and the coupons.

I love to read. I go to the library at least once a month. Last week I read “The Tennant of Wildfell Hall” by Anne Brontë. Somehow, I can’t picture myself sitting in front of a monitor reading a piece of literature or fiction. Call me old fashioned, but I like to hold a book in my hands and turn the pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home